St Martin’s Guild was founded in November 1908 by Mrs Chilton Tompkins the then Rector’s wife. It was established to work for, "the beautifying and improvement of St Martin’s Church". Funds were raised by an annual sale of needlework by members of the Guild. This sale developed into what is now the St Martin's Guild Fete.
See History of St Martin's Guild Fete for more.